Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 80


Day 80- Point and Shoot

I spent the evening at the Home Depot Arena watching an LA Galaxy soccer game.  The stadium rules said no cameras with interchangeable lenses, so being the rule follower that I am, I packed away my beautiful DSLR and got out my trusty ol' point and shoot.  At first, it was fun. I played with the settings and had to relearn how to shoot in manual.  I also enjoyed how light it was and easy to throw in my purse.  However, when we got to the stadium, I began to realize all the wonderful things I can do with my DSLR that I cannot do with my point and shoot.  The ISO only went up to 800, so I had a hard time getting enough light in the shots.  Since the shots were dark, I had to keep the shutter open longer, and since the players were running around the field, a longer shutter meant they were blurry.  I also had to rely on the preview LCD screen to meter my shots.  Since the screen isn't perfect many of my shots are over or under exposed.  I also would have likes to change out lenses for wide angle stadium shots and zoom shots of individual players.  In the end, it was a fun challenge.  The game was exciting and we all had a good time.  More shots if you click the link below!

Technical Info- ISO 80, 26mm, f/3.5, 1/80